PEACE BE UNTO ALL THE TRUTHERS,SEEK KNOWLEDGE FROM CRADLE TO GRAVE

''MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS CLICK ''OLDER POSTS''AS FRONT PAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN '' FULL CONTENTS OF DAILY POSTS AND UPDATES''


Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just the Facts: Debunking the Debunkers at UM's Cuba Transition Project http://thehavananote.com/2010/04/just_the_facts_debunking_the_d_1.html

After 10 years of traveling to Cuba and studying our policy toward the island, I’ve developed strong opinions on both. But to keep myself honest, I continually read what the “other half” thinks, and challenge myself not only to admit points of agreement, but to question my own accumulated conclusions. 

Yet, often I feel like some folks just aren’t interested in an honest debate. After reading the latest brief from the University of Miami’s Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies, it was like a bad movie: I wanted my money back. The Institute publishes briefs under its “Information Service of the Cuba Transition Project,” a project underwritten by you and me, the American taxpayer, through USAID.

No comments: